Well here it is, a cute little knitted purse made from the crisp multi-pack wrappers. I have kept it very simple as I am no great knitter!
- 3 - 4 crisp multi-pack wrappers
- Left over wool
- An old button
- Knitting needles
- A thick sewing needle with a large eye
- Normal sewing needle
- Left over sequins
1. Lay your multi-pack wrappers on a flat surface and cut across them into strips through both layers to make a series of loops.
2. To make the yarn pass one loop through another then back through itself to make a knot. very carefully tighten the knot, continue to add loops in this way to make a long length of 'yarn'. If any break remove them.
3. Cast on 8 stitches and knit approx. 35 rows in stocking stitch.
4. Cast off, you should now have a rectangle of knitted fabric. Weave in any ends and pull straight.
5. Fold the fabric into 3 (two equal and one slightly shorter) and using the wool, stitch together with a chunky buttonhole stitch.
6. Make a button loop, again with buttonhole stitch
7. Add the button and decorate with the sequins. Once the button as been sewn on you can add a sequin to the middle and decorate it how you like!
There we have it a simple but very cute knitted purse. See you tomorrow for next week's project materials!