Don't you just hate it when you can't remember which drink is yours? Well no longer, jazz up your Christmas glasses with these cute little charms! I have made a set of 4: A Christmas tree, A snowman, A Christmas pudding and Father Christmas himself! All made from the plastic bottles and paper clips I found whilst tidying up last week!
- A couple of white plastic bottles
- Multi purpose Glue
- Super Glue
- Seed beads in different colours
- China-graph pencil
- Sharp, thick needle
- Thick knitting needle or similar
- 4 small jump rings / metallic thread
1. Remove the top and bottom of your bottle then cut open so you have a flat piece of plastic to work on. Now draw out your designs using a china-graph pencil or similar.
2. Cut out the basic shapes and spread glue all over the front. Using tweezers, place seed beads into the glue to make the design. Then run a layer of super glue over them to seal.
3. Allow to dry thoroughly, whilst you wait straighten out the paper clips using the pliers. Then wind them around a thick knitting needle or similar. Trim off any excess and make an open loop at one end.
4. Make a small hole at the top of each charm with a sharp, thick needle an attach a small jump-ring to each one. If you don't have any jump-rings you can make a loop with metallic thread.
5. Now thread a small number of beads and your charms onto your rings. Finish by making an open loop at the other end so you can interlock the loops to close
There we have it, a set of wine glass charms for your festive party!