Hi, as you know this week I was playing with an old pair of tights, well this is what I came up with - A butterfly hair ornament!
- An old pair of tights
- Sewing Machine
- Large embroidery hoop
- Fabric paint
- Length of left over coloured wire
- Hand sewing needle
- Small seed beads (optional)
1. Stretch one leg of your tights by inserting the Inner hoop from your embroidery hoop into it, pull tight and tie a knot in each end as shown above.
2. Draw your butterfly onto your tights with a marker pen, make sure it leaves a mark you can see clearly!
3. Hand or machine tack your wire around the edge of your butterfly and then cover using satin stitch. Add some rough detail with straight stitch.
4. Using fabric paints add some colour and leave to dry. Once dry add some final accents, and beads etc.
5. Bend a short piece of coloured wire to make the antennae and head and stitch to the reverse.
6. Carefully cut out your butterfly and stitch a hair pin to the reverse. Now bend the wings into a pleasing shape.
There we are, a cute butterfly to brighten up your day (and hair!)