Projects so far

Saturday 8 October 2011

40th Project completed - A' filigree brooch'

Well another busy day over and done with. I spent the morning replacing numerous bolts in the Locomotive - Jerry M that we are overhauling at Hollycombe. A bit of an unusual way to spend a Saturday morning I'll admit but there you go!


Well what am I making with the bottle tops I found?






Filigree brooches, very 'Accessorize'


Materials needed



  • Bottle top
  • Fine gauge coloured wire
  • Knitting Needles (I used size 7 needles)
  • Bits and bobs (left over seed beads, broken bits of necklace etc.)
  • Brooch pin
  • Hot Glue gun and stick
Instructions


1. Knit a small rectangle with the fine gauged wire (I cast on 12 stitches and knitted around 12 rows).



2. Once complete, fold opposite corners of your knitted piece together as in picture above and slip in the bottle top. Then take a length of wire and attach it to the back of the brooch then randomly 'sew' on some small seed beads through all layers taking care to encapsulate the bottle top.

 

3. Now add some swirls of contrasting wire to add interest and sew on some larger beads, bits of broken necklace etc.

4. Once you are happy with your design attach a brooch pin to the back using some hot glue, allow to cool and there you have it, A filigree brooch!

I hope you enjoyed this project please join me tomorrow evening to find out what I will be using next week.








No comments: