Projects so far

Saturday 15 October 2011

41st Project completed - A toilet roll mini album

Hi!


Right, I have decided to have a go at a paper craft project this week, as you will probably have gathered my field is much more of a textiles related one so please excuse the basic nature of my paper crafting!


So what did I make with my toilet roll inners?






A mini album


Materials



  • 3 or more toilet rolls
  • patterned papers to cover them (I used photocopies of some of my artwork)
  • Some card (white or patterned )
  • Ribbons or chunky threads
  • A hole punch
  • Glue
  • Paint
  • Paper trimmer or scissors
  • Optional - Some decorative brads and other bits and pieces
Instructions

1. Take your clean toilet roll inners and fold so they lie flat.

 

2. Carefully cover your rolls with patterned paper. I then put a colour wash over my papers to make them more subtle.



3. Measure out a card Tag to fit into each roll they should be roughly the same length as the roll as after you have bound the rolls together they should still protrude from the pockets. You can decorate these however you like. I used some angel hair paper and paint. Punch a hole at the end of each tag and thread through some ribbon or chunky threads.



4. Bind your rolls together by punching two holes at one edge and thread them together using some ribbon or threads. Knot on the top. And add a space for a title. You can now decorate your tags and folder with decorative brads etc. and add photos, samples or whatever you like!






No comments: