I have made this gorgeous bracelet from sweetie wrappers and wire. I hope you like it!
- Sweetie wrappers - 'Quality street' type wrappers work best as they have separate foil and cellophane layers.
- Thin coloured craft wire (about 28 gauge is easiest to work with)
- Clear beading elastic - Just enough to go around your wrist comfortably with enough spare to securely knot.
To make the beads
- Fold the foil part of the wrapper into 4 lengthwise
- Wrap this in the cellophane part of the wrapper
- Wrap the wrapper tightly around a knitting thin knitting needle
- Bind the wrapper tightly with thin craft wire making a few of turns around the knitting needle at each end of the bead.
- Remove the bead from the knitting needle.
You could also embellish the beads with some lines of stitching / some metallic paint or peel offs before wrapping around the knitting needle.
To make up the bracelet:
- Thread the beads onto some clear beading elastic
- Knot securely a few times and snip off excess.
There we have it, the first project in the recycle4real challenge.
Why not have a go yourself and send us in a photo to email@example.com and we will show it in the gallery on the recycle4real website!