Home of the recycle4real challenge! Free recycled craft projects and ideas for recycling everyday rubbish into wonderful pieces of art!
By Julie Williams
Projects so far
Sunday, 2 January 2011
AND WE'RE OFF!
Welcome to the recycle4real challenge for 2011! the rules are quite simple:
1. Each item should be useful, decorative or both.
2. Each item must be made almost entirely from recycled / reused materials which would otherwise be discarded.
3. A small amount of materials such as beads and threads which are not recycled may be added but this must be kept to a minimum and must be from your craft stash i.e. Not brought in specially.
4. The items and materials to be used must be photographed at the start of each project.
5. A photograph of the finished item and a set of instructions must be published on the blog by the end of the week.
So now it is time to announce the materials I will use for the first project!
We are all chocoholics in our house especially around Christmas. Every year I save the sumptuous coloured wrappings from all our sweeties thinking that they must come in useful for making something, only to throw them out about 6 months later as I still haven't got around to doing anything with them - WELL NOT THIS YEAR!
I have decided to use them in the first project. I have an idea for a bracelet as the sweet wrappers remind me so much of the colours you get in the lovely glass beads which are so popular at the moment.
So watch this space during the week and I will let you know how things are progressing. The finished article and instructions will be posted on Saturday (8th January) on this blog and will also be added to the website.