Instructions for making it below!
- Bailer Twine, (If you don't have any of this you could use string or raffia)
- 3 x Polystyrene Cups
- A ring from an old keyring
1. The first thing to do is to prepare your cups. Decide how tall you want them to be and cut around the cup to shorten them.
2. Then give them a couple of coats of Acrylic paint in colours to match your twine.
3. Now attach your 3 lengths of twine - folded in half, to the ring and hang it up somewhere so you can work on it easily
4. For the top section: Work 4 Flat knots using two of the lengths of twine over a core of the other four. Then separate into colours. Work 15 half hitches in each colour to make spirals.
5. To make the pot holder section: Separate out the stands. Tie two knots halfway down your pot to the next colour. i.e blue to pink, pink to orange, orange to blue as above. Then gather together all the stands at the bottom of your pot and work 4 flat knots as in step 4. Repeat steps 4-5 for each pot.
6. To finish: Separate the strands into 2 sets and plait. Knot the ends and fray out edges. Fill with stuff!